About the Event
Aesthetic Perio for the GDP
- Periodontal Classifications and its roles in aesthetics.
- Soft tissue surgery – crown lengthening vs gingivectomy.
- Treatment of gummy smiles and the role of orthodontics.
- Managing Gingival recession and associated non-carious cervical lesions.
- Soft tissue grafting around dental implants.
- To be familiar with the anatomical landmarks and compartments such as the mucogingival junction and attached and non-attached gingivae.
- To appreciate the rationale of biological width and its relevance to restorative procedures
- To understand the classification of altered passive eruption and the specific treatment requirements for each classification
- To be familiar with harvesting soft tissue grafts and their application to improve the formation of keratinized and attached soft tissue.
- To appreciate the formation of a transmucosal tunnel around dental implants and the strategies required to enhance the soft tissue tunnel and provide a long lasting oral seal.
GUEST SPEAKER – ROBERT ORETTI
BDS, MGDS RCS (LOND), MFDS RCS (LOND), MFDS RCPS (GLAS)
Robert qualified at Kings College, London in 1987. After working in an orthodontic practice in Colchester for four years he moved to Newbury, Berkshire.
Rob then spent the next 14 years working in a busy private practice where he built a reputation for treating complex cases involving cosmetic, implant and orthodontic treatments. At this time, Rob also became involved in teaching and mentoring and has taught many dentists on all aspects of cosmetic and dental implant therapies.
In 2006, Rob moved to Pentangle Dental Transformations – a purpose built centre for dentists to send their patients for implant and complex treatments. Rob now spends his time between treating these referred patients and teaching.
Rob is a post graduate tutor for the Thames valley deanery, a mentor and faculty educator for the ADI (Association of Dental Implantology), a fellow and international speaker for the ITI (International team of Implantologists), a Royal College of Surgeons examiner for the implant diploma (RCS Edin) and the Membership in Advanced General Dental Surgery (MAGDS RCS Edin) and was the president of BAAD (British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry) 2018-2020
He presents regularly at scientific meetings and has published several articles on implant therapy.