About the Event
This is a 2 Day Hand On Course with Jason Smithson
Dates: Friday 2nd Feb + Saturday 3rd Feb 2024
A comprehensive approach for the restoration of anterior teeth with all-ceramic veneers and crowns with both vertical and horizontal margins. The emphasis is on adhesive, minimally invasive tooth-coloured restorations: from treatment planning, through preparation, impression taking, provisionalisation and final cementation/finishing. Cutting edge, evidence based theoretical knowledge will be complemented by a live hands-on demonstration and delegate hands-on.
What you will learn:
- Which margin, when and why? Vertical vs Horizontal Margin Design.
- The Pillars of Adhesive Preparation Design: make your in vivo preps approach in vitro bond strengths.
- The Concept of Ferrule (Vertical and Horizontal)
- Tissue Management for long-term periodontal health.
- How to contour provisionals.
- The importance of Biologic Width
- Impression Taking (materials, trays, and techniques)
- Conditioning of Intaglio…not all materials are equal.
- Which cement and why…simple usable day-to-day protocols
- Cementation and Finishing Procedures for invisible margins.
- Preparation, planning and cementation of adhesive bridgework with lithium disilicate and zirconia.
And much, much more…….
Live Demonstration and Hands-On:
- Preparation of an upper central and lateral incisor for a ceramic veneer and provisionalisation.
- Preparation of an upper central incisor for a zirconia crown (vertical margins).
- Preparation of upper lateral incisor for an all-ceramic crown (horizontal margins)
- Preparations for adhesive bridgework (Lithium disilicate and zirconia)